An Introduction To The Government Information Factory by W H InmonThis book is the first in the series on the governments need for an architecture for information systems. Beginning with the Corporate Information Factory, Bill Inmon set out on Sept 12, 2001 to produce a body of thought specifically for government agencies. The GIF is for state, local, and Federal agencies who have complex information systems needs. Some of the components of the GIF that are not included in the CIF are
- sharability of data across government agencies,
- holistic security cyber security, passive security, proactive security and predictive security identifying a threat before the threat materializes,
- building a foundation for future unknown information needs,
- integrating data within the agency,
- ownership of data, and so forth.
Signed Books Only: $75.00
Unsigned Books: $45.00